US-PA-KingofPrussia: Sr. QA Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Sr. QA Analyst
* Defines, develops and maintains test scripts. Reviews test scripts and provide feedback to less experienced team players.
* Independently executes test plans and test scripts based on planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
* Proactively escalates issues to the QA Lead and alerts the project team on potential impact to test schedule.
* Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect status, root cause, daily triage meeting.
* Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard information, open issues, risk analysis.
* Reviews requirements and specifications and provides input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
* Develops and executes SQL queries.
* Contributes to the development of the test plans and project testing approach. Contributes to the development of project and release Test Plan documents. Understands and contributes to the process of test estimates and project schedules.
* Participates in test planning, test case design and test script walkthroughs with QA Leads. Understands testing to be accomplished and suggests changes for efficiencies within or between projects. Actively participates and contributes to the QA Design.
* Assists in the preparation of test estimates and project schedules.
* Adheres to established standards and methodologies. Utilizes tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA process.
* Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with peers and other project team members.
* BS/BA in Computer Science or related field required.
* Minimum 3-7 years' experience in test engineering.
* Proficient XML, SQL, Web and Middle tier testing.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient on Microsoft Office suite.
* Understanding of relational database principles, client/server infrastructure, and n-tier architecture concepts.
* Understanding of project management methodologies.
* Basic programming knowledge
* Certified Software Testing Engineer (CSTE) designation.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI