US-NJ-NewProvidence: Data Analyst QA, Sr
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Data Analyst QA, Sr
* Oversee outside vendor relationships; daily, monthly work flow.
* Recognize and recommend future training guidelines when needed.
* Prepare stats and maintain for file processing meeting weekly.
* Analyze, test and promote new files, send feedback to publisher relations and/or vendor.
* Download publisher files from FTP server for conversion and processing.
* Work closely with Publisher Relations department to reconcile any questionable data content and format, and communicate the correct requirements to the publisher.
* Update tracking database with file processing statistics on a day-to-day basis.
* Assist with testing new PCS (process improvement) requirements for functionality
* Work on special projects involving EDI files and formats with IT, Publisher Relations and other Data Services departments including Global EDI.
* Initiate process improvements and test subsequent programming enhancements
* Must have computer experience and a working knowledge of the Internet.
* Knowledge of FTP and other file transfer methods.
* Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel, Word and Access).
* Knowledge of UNIX environment and commands, a plus.
* Knowledge of XML is desirable.
* Must be detail oriented and analytical in nature.
* Must be organized and able to handle multiple projects at once.* Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.*
* Good interpersonal skills are necessary as the Data Analyst must be able to work in group situations as well as interface with different departments.
* Good time management and task prioritizing skills are necessary as the Data Analyst is expected to work on multiple tasks at once.
* Good oral and written communication skills are necessary for informing management and publisher contacts of the status of testing and special projects.
* Must be able to follow up with publishers to resolve data and format issues.
* BS/BA in related field required
* 4-5 years of related work experience is required.
* Experience in the publishing industry preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI