US-IL-Chicago: Performance Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Performance Test Engineer
· Analyze business and functional requirements to ensure requirements are clear and testable
· Estimate effort, develop test plans, prepare test environment, test scenarios, data and test scripts
· Run simulations of performance and capacity of proposed customer network implementations to validate that the designs can meet customer expectations.
· Analyze performance test results and present findings to development leads and architects.
· Participate in design reviews and analysis to ensure the performance and scalability of technical solutions.
· Experience designing performance test frameworks
· Minimum of 2-4 years relevant technical hardware/software project experience with SQA and specific performance testing responsibilities
· Comfortable and confident Interfacing with architects, developers, managers, customers and other engineers over performance issues/concerns
· Excellent problem solving, system's thinking, and reasoning skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people
· Highly motivated and able to participate as part of a team
· Solution focused and methodical, careful attention to detail
· Capable problem solver that follows rigorous logic to bring effective solutions to complex problems
· A team player with a "can do" attitude when handling complex situations
· Education: Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or engineering. A Master's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
Nice to Haves:
· Digital six-sigma certification a plus.
· Understanding of storage technologies such as: RAID, replication, snapshot techniques, and storage area networks is highly desired but not required
· Familiarity with scripting in Python a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI