US: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
* Performs detailed software Business requirements and technical design reviews to assure comprehensiveness and consistency.
* Provides high-level and detailed QA testing resource estimates to the QA manager and Project Managers in a timely manner.
* Translates the Business requirements and technical design into comprehensive test plans and test cases assuring maximum requirements coverage.
* Proactively initiates test case and test plan reviews with QA, client, support and Development teams.
* Executes test plans and test cases and logs defects into the defect tracking system in accordance with the QA standards.
* Monitors and re-test defects that have been corrected by Development.
* Provides comprehensive QA testing reports (detailed and summary) to the QA Manager and Project manager. Multi-tasks, supports multiple QA projects.
* Conducts Functional, Regression, Performance and UAT testing.
* Provides technical guidance to the QA test team to ensure test activities are performed. Ensures that the standard QA testing process is being followed.
* Mentors and leads the QA team members in the review of requirements, technical designs, test cases and defect tracking.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of strong QA/testing experience.
* QA experience in testing Web-based applications: frontend and backend (manual and automated) and good understanding QA methodology and software development life cycle.
* Experience in writing test plans, test strategies and detailed test cases (positive, negative, boundary, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of latest web technologies, such as JS, XML, HTTPS, AJAX, MVC, Web Servers, Application Servers, etc
* Good programming experience (preferably Java programming – 1-2 years hands-on is a plus).
* Strong DB/SQL scripting skills
* Basic knowledge in Shell and other scripting languages.
* Experience with following OS: Windows-2000/2003/XP, Solaris/Linux
* Strong in Test automation and test scripting experience (Rational Functional Tester, WinRunner, Junit, HttpUnit, QTP, Selenium).
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI