US-OR-Portland: QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Willingness and ability to quickly develop and maintain understanding of software products and technologies.
* Ability to accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules.
* Strong initiative, customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
* Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
* Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents information effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
* Ability to lead change initiatives across organizational boundaries.
* Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
* Demonstrates professionalism, strong verbal and written skills, positive work ethic and good judgment.
* Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
* Ability to test in various platforms and environments such as client/server, cloud, web based, mobile, etc.
* Knowledge common coding languages used for test automation such as C#, C++, Perl, Python, VB.net, Java, HTML, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain an automation infrastructure used by other testers.
* Knowledge of QA Methodologies and how to apply them in an agile work environment.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field plus a minimum of one year relevant experience in software quality assurance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated testing skills and understanding of QA processes.
* Strong technical skills with a variety of business software tools.
* Experience with QA-related tools for requirements management, test management, and defect tracking.
* Experience with virtualization architecture and controlled test environments.
* Coding experience.
* Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle) and writing SQL queries.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI