US-PA-Conshohocken: Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
* Design, prepare and execute test plans, test cases, test scripts, and checklists.
* Write and execute validation protocols and reports; review documentation; perform root-cause investigations; assess impact; and analyze risk.
* Research data discrepancies, analyze and extract necessary information from a relational database.
* Create SQL queries to validate data, as well as test application changes.
* Create reports, manipulate data sets, and write intelligent queries to monitor and control data.
* Recommend QA process improvements where appropriate.
* Develop and maintain relationships with project team members, third party service partners, and client areas as appropriate.
* Support a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork.
* Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and with business units.
* Manage defect management/resolution processes and act as the primary defect management contact on projects.
* Write test cases from System Requirements and System Design Documents.
* Understand complete end-to-end functioning of a product from the customer perspective.
* Schedule assigned tasks, and update manager on progress.
* Coordinate and conduct the analysis of test results; identify and report all testing related issues and risks.
* Work alongside other members of the technology team including developers, database administrators, and analysts working within a hybrid agile planning framework.
* Work with both in-house staff and an outsourced team of varying size; effectively mesh the work processes, schedules, and deliverables of both teams into a coordinated release process.
* Bachelorís degree in computer science or a related field, with engineering, science, or math preferred.
* 1+ years of relevant working experience (QA work experience highly desirable).
* Understanding of software lifecycle principles and techniques.
* Understanding of software QA processes and best practices.
* Exposure to and facility with both web-based (SaaS) and Windows applications.
* Working knowledge of SQL and MS Excel.
* Strong mathematical and statistics skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively across functions.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI