Malaysia: Sr QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Sr QA Engineer
• Develop and define test strategy and plan based on customer, product or business requirements.
• Coordinate with QA Lead to ensure that processes are being followed and executed accordingly.
• Follow QA process and maintains documentation of test results, and any test data to assist the debugging of software issues.
• Conduct Peer Review on test plans and functional test cases or designs.
• Execute test cases and report problems in defect tracking system.
• Attending appropriate meetings and supplying proper updates to team.
• Working with QA Manager, Principal QA Engineer, Development/ Product Team, help building a strategy for automated regression testing.
• Responsible for test automation and maintenance of test scripts.
• Oversee and execute test cases and updating results on an ongoing basis until the verification of requirements and product regression is completed.
• Work in geographically distributed team environment.
• Work closely with project management office, engineering and development teams in a geographically distributed environment.
• Analyze and identify potential problems, and work closely with development team to identify and resolve technical issues.
• Collect test metrics and report them in a systematic fashion.
• Coordinate test activities across multiple sites.
• Support the QA team and process for engaging with developers, product managers, and services/operations personnel.
• Be a highly motivated individual that will take a proactive approach and accountability of assigned tasks.
• Have ability to work independently under direction of supervisor.
• Possess superior written and verbal communications skills.
• Possess demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment by being a good team player with the ability to deal with change, share knowledge, and pitch in where needed.
• Be dedicated to providing quality software products.
• Extreme focus on attention to detail.
• Be accustomed to establishing testing plan, test cases, automated regression testing plan, and automation of test cases, and coordinating QA resources to deliver on regular milestones and delivery schedules/deadlines.
• Have experience leading QA resources through the entire process of planning and executing manual and automated testing solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Must be responsible, organized and possess critical thinking with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate good analytical problem solving abilities.
• Able to work both independently and in team environment.
• Able to make effective use of his/her time and be able to handle and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• At least (5 for Senior QA / 2 for QA) years of experience in functional testing, system integration testing, performance testing or automation testing.
• Experience with virtual lab environment (ideally VM Ware, KVM)
• Experience with architecting and working on end-to-end integration tests
• Experience working on Agile projects (Scrum)
• Experience working with technologies such as Jenkins, Windows, Linux/Unix, XML, SQL, JSON, CURL
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Selenium
• Experience in testing of networking and security based applications is a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI