US: Software Engineer Testing
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Engineer Testing
• Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
• Develop unit and system test cases, working in-conjunction with the software development team.
• Execute test cases, document results, and work with software engineers to resolve issues.
• Identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information needed to allow the developer to understand, reproduce, and address the issue.
• Exercise good judgment determining priority and severity of defects.
• Champion and track resolution of identified software issues.
Requisitos: Minimum Qualifications (must have):
• Experience with Unit Test and System Testing tools
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues and determine root cause of defects
• Working knowledge of software testing concepts and systematic testing
• Working knowledge of complex multi-tier software architectures
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based operating systems
• Demonstrated risk-based mindset when evaluating and communicating test results and status
• Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead testing of individual system components as well as more fully integrated software.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
• B.A./B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences required
• 5+ years professional experience in commercial software development and testing
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
• Working knowledge of agile/scrum product development principles.
• Experience with one or more programming languages
• Working knowledge of automated test tools and their implementation
• Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server or Oracle)
• Previous industrial product development experience strongly preferred
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI