US-CA-Pleasanton: Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Be the QA point person for one or more products.
- Working closely with distributed development resources in several offices.
- Planning, creating, and documenting test plans/cases for projects.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting automated test scripts for projects.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist with scheduling estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Assist with mentoring and training junior QA Engineers.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- 2-3+ years of software quality assurance experience.
- Experience testing websites, SAAS, or web-based technologies.
- A consistent history of long-term employment.
- Completion a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
- Experience testing web services (XML/REST/SOAP).
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (ex. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Silktest, TestComplete).
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with major operating systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Unix).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Visio).
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI