What is partitioning? Explain about Round-Robin, Hash partitioning. - ETL
ETL (extract, transform, and load) Testing Interview Questions
(Continued from previous question...)
7.What is partitioning? Explain about Round-Robin, Hash partitioning. - ETL
- Partitioning is to sub divide the transactions to improve performance.
- Increasing the number of partitions enables Informatica Server for creation of multiple connections to various sources.
- The following are the partitions
- Data is distributed evenly by Informatica among all partitions.
- This partitioning is used where the number of rows to process in each partition are approximately same
- Informatica server applies a hash function for the purpose of partitioning keys to group data among partitions.
- It is used where ensuring the processes groups of rows with the same partitioning key in the same partition, need to be ensured.
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions