Types of Test Elements Supported in JMeter
What are different types of test elements supported in JMeter?
Currently, JMeter supports the following types of test elements:
1. Test Plan - Test plans are the top level container elements in JMeter. A test plan can hold "Thread Group" elements and other non-Sampler elements.
2. Thread Group - Thread groups are the second level container elements in JMeter. A thread group can hold Sampler elements and other non-Sampler elements
3. Sampler - Samplers are primary test elements that performs specific test actions like sending a HTTP request to a remote serve,
4. Listener - Listeners are supporting elements that gather different kinds of information while samplers are executed.
5. Assertion - Assertions are supporting elements that verify sampler results to determine if test targets behave correctly or not.
6. Pre-Processor - Pre-Processors are supporting elements that are executed prior to executions of samplers.
7. Post-Processor - Post-Processors are supporting elements that are execute after executions of samplers.
8. Configuration - Configurations are supporting elements that provide help to samplers.
9. Timer - Timers are special elements that controls the idle time between execution of subsequent samplers.
10. Controller - Controllers are logical containers that groups samplers into logical execution patterns.
2018-01-27, 323👍, 0💬
Where to find tutorials on Apache JMeter test tool? I want to know how to use Apache JMeter. Here is...
How to generate user birthday dates? Test user birthday dates are frequently needed in testing appli...
How to decode a URL string? URL encoding is an Internet standard defined in RFC1738 to protect speci...
How to perform regular expression Search and Replace? To perform a regular expression pattern Search...
How to encode a URL string? URL encoding is an Internet standard defined in RFC1738 to protect speci...